Table of Contents (click to jump to section)
- Personal information we collect
- How we use your personal information
- How we share your personal information
- Your choices
- Other sites, mobile applications and services
- Security practices
- International data transfers
- How to contact us
- Your California privacy rights under the CCPA (for certain California residents)
Personal information we collect
Information you provide to us. Personal information you may provide to us at or through the Site or otherwise includes:
- Business and personal contact information, such as your first and last name, email and mailing addresses, phone number, professional title and company name.
- Content you choose to upload to any Site, such as text, images, audio, and video, along with the metadata associated with the files you upload.
- Profile information, such as your username and password that you may set to establish an online account with us, your photograph, gender, biographic details, links to your profiles on various third party sites including social networking sites, interests, and preferences.
- Registration information, such as information that may be related to a service, an account or an event you register for.
- Feedback or correspondence, such as information you provide when you contact us with questions, feedback, tenant or customer support requests, or otherwise correspond with us by phone, online, or otherwise.
- Demographic Information, such as your city, state, country of residence, postal code, and age.
- Government-issued identification numbers, such as a national identification number (e.g., tax identification number) and state or local identification number (e.g., driver’s license or state ID number).
- Transaction information, such as information about payments to and from you and other details of products or services you have purchased from us.
- Professional or employment information, such as information relating to a person's current, past or prospective employment, educational or professional experience, including job and educational history, work experience and performance evaluations
- Usage information, such as information about how you use the Site and interact with us, including information associated with any content you upload to the websites or otherwise submit to us, and information you provide when you use any interactive features of the Site.
- Marketing information, such as your preferences for receiving communications about our Site, activities, events, and publications, and details about how you engage with our communications.
- Video and audio at our physical locations, such as security video and audio footage and digital photos used for access to physical locations
Information we obtain from other third parties. We may receive personal information about you from third-party sources, including business partners, social media sites, vendors, marketing partners, publicly-available sources and data providers.
Cookies and other information collected by automated means.
- We, our service providers, and our business partners may automatically log information about you, your computer or mobile device, and activity occurring on or through the Site, including but not limited, your computer or mobile device operating system type and version number, manufacturer and model, device identifier (such as the Google Advertising ID or Apple ID for Advertising), browser type, screen resolution, IP address, the website you visited before browsing to our website, general location information such as city, state or geographic area; information about your use of and actions on the Site, such as pages or screens you viewed, how long you spent on a page or screen, navigation paths between pages or screens, information about your activity on a page or screen, access times, and length of access; and other personal information. Our service providers and business partners may collect this type of information over time and across third-party websites and mobile applications.
- On our webpages, this information is collected using cookies, browser web storage (also known as locally stored objects, or “LSOs”), web beacons, and similar technologies, and our emails may also contain web beacons.
- A “cookie” is a text file that websites send to a visitor‘s computer or other Internet-connected device to uniquely identify the visitor’s browser or to store information or settings in the browser. Browser web storage, or LSOs, are used for similar purposes as cookies. Browser web storage enables the storage of a larger amount of data than cookies. A “web beacon,” also known as a pixel tag or clear GIF, is typically used to demonstrate that a webpage was accessed or that certain content was viewed, typically to measure the success of our marketing campaigns or engagement with our emails and to compile statistics about usage of our websites.
- Web browsers may offer users of our websites or mobile apps the ability to disable receiving certain types of cookies; however, if cookies are disabled, some features or functionality of our websites may not function correctly. Please see the “Targeted online advertising” section for information about how to exercise choice regarding the use of browsing behavior for purposes of targeted advertising.
Referrals. Users of the Site may have the opportunity to refer friends or other contacts to us. If you are an existing user, you may only submit a referral if you have permission to provide the referral’s contact information to us so that we may contact them.
How we use your personal information
To operate the Site. We may use your personal information to:
- provide, operate and improve the Site
- provide information about our products and services
- establish and maintain your user profile on the Site
- enable security features of the Site, such as by sending you security codes via email or SMS, and remembering devices from which you have previously logged in
- communicate with you about the Site, including by sending you announcements, updates, security alerts, and support and administrative messages
- communicate with you about events or contests in which you participate
- understand your needs and interests, and personalize your experience with the Site and our communications
- provide support and maintenance for the Site
- to respond to your or tenant requests, questions and feedback
For research and development. We analyze use of the Site to analyze and improve the Site and to develop new products and services, including by studying user demographics and use of the Site.
To send you marketing and promotional communications. We may send you Alexandria-related marketing communications as permitted by law. You will have the ability to opt-out of our marketing and promotional communications as described in the Opt out of marketing section below.
To comply with law. We use your personal information as we believe necessary or appropriate to comply with applicable laws, lawful requests, and legal process, such as to respond to subpoenas or requests from government authorities.
For compliance, fraud prevention, and safety. We may use your personal information and disclose it to law enforcement, government authorities, and private parties as we believe necessary or appropriate to: (a) protect our, your or others’ rights, privacy, safety or property (including by making and defending legal claims);
(b) enforce the terms and conditions that govern the Site; and (c) protect, investigate and deter against fraudulent, harmful, unauthorized, unethical or illegal activity.
With your consent. In some cases we may specifically ask for your consent to collect, use or share your personal information, such as when required by law.
To create anonymous, aggregated or de-identified data. We may create anonymous, aggregated or de-identified data from your personal information and other individuals whose personal information we collect. We make personal information into anonymous, aggregated or de-identified data by removing information that makes the data personally identifiable to you. We may use this anonymous, aggregated or de-identified
data and share it with third parties for our lawful business purposes, including to analyze and improve the Site and promote our business.
How we share your personal information
Service providers. We may share your personal information with third party companies and individuals that provide services on our behalf or help us operate the Site or with other operational matters (such as user authentication, customer support, hosting, analytics, email delivery, marketing, payment, order fulfillment, and database management services). These third parties may use your personal information only as directed or authorized by us.
Professional advisors. We may disclose your personal information to professional advisors, such as lawyers, bankers, auditors and insurers, where necessary in the course of the professional services that they render to us.
For compliance, fraud prevention and safety. We may share your personal information for the compliance, fraud prevention and safety purposes.
Business transfers. We may sell, transfer or otherwise share some or all of our business or assets, including your personal information, in connection with a business transaction (or potential business transaction) such as a corporate divestiture, merger, consolidation, acquisition, reorganization or sale of assets, or in the event of bankruptcy or dissolution.
In this section, we describe the rights and choices available to all users.
Access or Update Your Information. If you have registered for an account with us, you may review and update certain personal information in your account profile by logging into the account.
Opt out of marketing communications. You may opt out of marketing-related emails by following the opt-out or unsubscribe instructions at the bottom of the email, or by contacting us at: firstname.lastname@example.org. You may continue to receive service-related and other non-marketing
Choosing not to share your personal information. Where we are required by law to collect your personal information, or where we need your personal information in order to provide the Site to you, if you do not provide this information when requested (or you later ask to delete it), we may not be able to provide you with our services. We will tell you what information you must provide to receive the Site by designating it as required at the time of collection or through other appropriate means.
Other sites and services
The Site may contain links to other websites and other online services operated by third parties. These links are not an endorsement of, or representation that we are affiliated with, any third party. In addition, our content may be included on web pages or in mobile applications or online services that are not associated with us. We do not control third party websites, mobile applications or online services, and we are not responsible
for their actions. Other websites, mobile applications and services follow different rules regarding the collection, use and sharing of your personal information. We encourage you to read the privacy policies of the other websites, mobile applications and online services you use.
The security of your personal information is important to us. We employ a number of organizational, technical and physical safeguards designed to protect the personal information we collect. However, security risk is inherent in all internet and information technologies and we cannot guarantee the security of your personal information.
International data transfers
We are headquartered in the United States and have service providers in other countries, and your personal information may be transferred to the United States or other locations outside of your state, province, or country where privacy laws may not be as protective as those in your state, province, or country.
As a general rule, children are not allowed to use the Site, and we do not collect personal information from them. We define "children" as anyone under 13 years old. If we learn that we have collected personal information of a child without the consent of the child’s parent or guardian as required by law, we will delete it. We encourage parents with concerns to contact us.
How to contact us
Please direct any questions or comments about this Policy or privacy practices to email@example.com. You may also write to us via postal mail at:
Alexandria Real Estate Equities, Inc.
Attn: Legal – Privacy
26 North Euclid Avenue
Pasadena, CA 91101
Attention: Corporate Secretary